headerimg

ttp://www.cheapclippersjerseys.us/]Cheap Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys[/url] [url

in Stronghold Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:27 am
by zhanjiao1212 • Farseer | 645 Posts | 6450 Points

Oldsmar, FL (SportsNetwork. Dallas Goedert Jersey .com) - Ocean Knight, ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr., drove through the stretch on his way to victory in Saturdays $250,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs. The 1 1/16-mile Davis Stakes is the final local prep for the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby on March 7. Trained by Kiaran McLaughlin for Stonestreet Stable, Ocean Knight was making just his second career start in the Davis after winning his debut effort in December. The colt broke from post 11 in the 12-horse field and stalked the leaders up the backstretch. Ocean Knight, a son of two-time Horse of the Year Curlin, went wide around the final turn and into the stretch to challenge 28-1 longshot Divining Rod for the lead. The 8-5 favorite drew even with Divining Rod at the 100-yard mark and was able to go on and post a neck victory. He did (bring back memories of Curlin), but its hard to say because I was jumping up and down so much, Stonestreet owner Barbara Banke said. We knew he was fast. He had been hauling everything else around the training center all year long. (On the turn for home), though, we thought he had had it. He was clear, but he was wide and its tough to run down speed. My Johnny Be Good, the 7-2 co-second pick, was third with 9-2 choice Amis Flatter fourth followed by 7-2 pick Catalina Red, Crittenden, Royal Son, Coomer, Bears Personality, Brother Bobo, Bandages and G Five. The time for the Davis was 1:43.74 on a fast track, a fifth of a second off the stakes record set by General Quarters in 2009. Ocean Knight garnered $120,000 for the win to remain perfect in two starts. I had ridden (Ocean Knight) before so I knew he would wait until I asked him. We were good from the gate, Ortiz noted, and I was able to get position just outside the lead group. Mr. McLaughlin told me he had been training up to the race very well and to just relax, wait with him and set him down into the stretch. When I asked for run he just went after the horse on the lead a like a good horse should. I really hope I get to ride him back in those big races coming up. Ocean Knight returned $5.20, $3.60 and $3.00. Divining Rod paid $17.60 and $8.80, My Johnny Be Good paid $4.40 to show. Markus Wheaton Eagles Jersey . For Bergevin, the best pick is the 30th — which traditionally goes to the Stanley Cup winner. "Thats our goal. Mike Wallace Eagles Jersey . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start. http://www.eaglesrookiestore.com/ . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said.TORONTO – Brett Lawries impending return from hamstring tightness creates a problem – a good problem – for manager John Gibbons. That is, how does he keep the red hot bat of Juan Francisco in the lineup when first base is taken by Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind is back as the designated hitter? "Maybe Francisco can play second," joked Gibbons. In all seriousness, Francisco has been a revelation for the ballclub since signing a minor league deal on April 2 and arriving in Cleveland to meet his new Blue Jays teammates on April 20. Coming off an 18-home run season split between Atlanta and Milwaukee last year, Franciscos already hit five in 61 at-bats for Toronto. He doesnt get cheated, either, having deposited one in the fourth deck of Rogers Centre, just above Paul Beestons name on the Blue Jays Level of Excellence. Franciscos slash line of .311/.403/.623 (1.026 OPS) is well above his career .248/.308/.447 (.755 OPS) but even if his history suggests his numbers will regress the longer he plays, until it happens, Francisco needs to stay in the lineup. "Right now were looking at everything," said manager John Gibbons. "While hes hot weve got to find a way to keep him in there somehow." The obvious play is to move Brett Lawrie to second base. It doesnt have to be permanent. Lawrie, should the decision be made, hopes its only temporary. "Im going to do it because its for the team but Im not necessarily amazed about it," said Lawrie. "Im a third baseman. Its where I play. Its what Ive been doing. Its what I did to work to get here. Obviously Francisco is swinging a hot bat but were going to have to find another way to get him in the lineup, who knows, but if I do get put at second base thats how it goes. Ill just do it for my team. Josh Sweat Eagles Jersey. " Look at this hypothetical starting lineup with Francisco at third base and Lawrie at second base: Reyes – SSCabrera – LFBautista – RFEncarnacion – 1BFrancisco – 3BNavarro – CLind – DHLawrie – 3BRasmus – CF One through nine, wheres the easy out? The Blue Jays would be giving something up defensively with the realignment but Francisco has proven to be more adept at third base in Lawries absence than expected. "Ive been very impressed," said Gibbons. "I think that was his rap. His defence was the reason he never really established himself but we havent seen it. Of course hes not Lawrie down there but how many guys are?" Dont count on Saturday being Lawries return date. He took ground balls on Friday afternoon and participated in batting practice for a second consecutive day. Its part of the process of ramping up the effort level, testing his sore right hamstring. "Ive still got to do some other stuff baseball-wise," said Lawrie. "Ive still got to get up to relatively full speed to see how were doing. Ran on the treadmill today at a little bit higher pace so feeling a little bit better." Lawries willing to be a team guy. He also wants the appropriate recognition for his gold glove caliber play at the hot corner. "Im a third baseman," said Lawrie. "I worked my butt off to get where Im at. Im not saying its not going to help the team. Im here to do what it is to help the team but I worked my butt off to be that good at third base and continue to do what Im doing. I work everyday over there. Still continuing to get my work in and second base, it is what it is, man, its not what Im here to do. I worked my butt off to do what I do out there." Cheap Denver Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Minnesota Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys Cheap Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys Cheap Utah Jazz Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys Cheap Phoenix Suns Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Dallas Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Houston Rockets Jerseys Cheap Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys Cheap San Antonio Spurs Jerseys Cheap Golden State Warriors Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..