headerimg

It wont take long for Thomas Vanek to get his first taste of the heated Montreal Canadiens-Boston Bruins rivalry.

in Balance Discussion Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

MONTREAL -- It wont take long for Thomas Vanek to get his first taste of the heated Montreal Canadiens-Boston Bruins rivalry. Authentic Daurice Fountain Jersey . The 30-year-old acquired by Montreal at last weeks NHL trade deadline will play his first home game at the Bell Centre against the Bruins on Wednesday night. "Rivalries are for the fans," Vanek said Tuesday. "Theyre good for the league, but for us in here, and Im sure its the same as everywhere. Its just about winning the two points. "But Im sure the atmosphere will be great and I cant wait to experience it." Vanek has a reputation as a Bruins killer, with 61 points in 53 career games against Boston. So the acquisition of the high-scoring forward by Montreal gave an added jolt to the rivalry. But the Austrian winger said there are no secrets about how to score on the Bruins. "Numbers are numbers," he said. "Sometimes theyre overblown. "I dont prepare any different. Its just another game, really. Theyre a good team and youve got to be ready. The last four or five years, Boston has been one of the better teams in the league and you want to play your best against the best teams." The Canadiens are 2-0-0 against Boston this season and have won their last five meetings. But the Bruins (42-17-5) hold a comfortable 12-point lead over Montreal (35-24-7) in the Atlantic Division standings. Vanek was acquired while the Canadiens were on a four-game west coast road trip. So he didnt get in a full practice with his new team until it returned to Montreal. He was held without a point in his first two games with Montreal while playing on the second line with centre Tomas Plekanec and Brian Gionta. Some feel he would do better on a more attack-oriented unit, as Plekanec is considered the clubs top defensive centre even if he can also contribute offensively. "Weve got to be good in our own zone and Plekanec is very good in all zones," said Vanek. "He can make plays. Hes great in faceoffs, great defensively, but at the same time, were expected to produce. "At least thats what Im expecting of myself." Coach Michel Therrien plans to keep the line together, at least for now. "It takes time for players to adapt to new teammates," said Therrien. "I want to be patient. I think that combination can work." Tuesdays session, which lasted more than an hour at the Bell Centre, saw goalie Carey Price take part in a full practice for the first time since leading Canada to gold at the 2014 Winter Olympics. Price aggravated a suspected groin injury in his first practice after the Sochi Games. Therrien said Price wont dress for the Boston game but will be re-evaluated at the end of the week. That opens the possibility of playing Saturday at home against Ottawa. Therrien also said Francis Bouillon, who has sat out the last seven games, will play. Montreal is hurting on defence with veteran Josh Gorges out at least four weeks with a fractured left hand. Gorges was hurt while blocking a shot during a 4-3 win over Toronto on March 1. He played the first two games of Montreals road trip but then was sent home to have his hand re-examined. Gorges said the original fracture was considered stable, so he could continue playing. But something happened during a win in Anaheim that made it unstable. "At that point, they felt it was best to get it fixed," he said. "Potentially, it might not have been able to heal at all so they decided to have it fixed now and have me back ready by the end of the year." He said playing through the injury was difficult, but possible. "I was able to do what I needed to contribute," he said. "Certain aspects were tough. "Grabbing my stick. Grabbing the puck if I needed to clear it on the penalty kill. But I was still able to make passes, receive passes. As long as I wasnt hurting the team, I was able to go." Cheap Colts Jerseys Authentic . Gustafsson controlled the first round after getting top position on a throw, and came out much more forcefully in the second, buckling Manuwa with a Muay Thai knee, and finishing him off with strikes on the ground. Authentic Zaire Franklin Jersey .Pete Morelli said the back judge threw a flag on Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens on a pass to Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew in Dallas 24-20 wild-card win Sunday. But the head linesman said there wasnt enough contact and that Hitchens was face-guarding, which isnt a penalty in the NFL. http://www.cheapcoltsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-matthew-adams-jersey . Hughes, 30, is a former Major Leaguer with the Baltimore Orioles, having played in 14 games with the Os in 2010. He played with Class AA Binghamton of the Eastern League in the New York Mets system last season.TORONTO -- Home has been more sour than sweet for Toronto Blue Jays starter Drew Hutchison this season. The right-handers two shortest starts of the year have both come at Rogers Centre, and the briefest came on Sunday when he allowed six hits and five runs in three innings as the Toronto Blue Jays lost 5-0 to the St. Louis Cardinals for the second day in a row. Hutchison (4-4) is 1-3 with an earned-run average of 8.72 in five starts at home this season. He is 3-1 with a 2.03 ERA in eight starts on the road. The 23-year-old says he doesnt know the reason for the disparity. "Obviously I feel the same way when I take the mound every time, home or on the road," Hutchison said. "I just havent executed well here and put together good games." Blue Jays manager John Gibbons doesnt understand it either. "Hes definitely pitched better on the road, some guys are like that, its hard to put a finger on it," Gibbons said. "I dont know why it is. He wasnt very good today, but hes been pretty good for us." Hutchisons shortest start before Sundays was 3 1/3 innings against the New York Yankees, who scored six runs against him on April 6. Matt Carpenter and Jhonny Peralta homered against Hutchison while left-hander Jaime Garcia stifled the Blue Jays on three hits and three walks over seven innings. Right-hander Shelby Miller shut out the Blue Jays 5-0 on Saturday. "They stuck it to us pretty good the last couple of days," Gibbons said. "They pitched. We couldnt get anything going today." Garcia (2-0), who started the season on the disabled list after shoulder surgery ended his 2013 campaign, allowed three hits and three walks and struck out four in his fifth start of the season. The walks were the first he has allowed this year. "Theyve got one of the best lineups in the league and I knew it was going to be a tough challenge," Garcia said. "I was able to get them off balance a little bit and then tried to keep the ball down." Right-hander Pat Neshek replaced Garcia in the eighth inning and right-hander Trevor Rosenthal pitched the ninth. Blue Jays right-hander Todd Redmond took over for Hutchison in the fourth and pitched a bullpen-saving five scoreless innings, allowing four hits while striking out three. Left-hander Brett Cecil took over in the ninth. "(Hutchison) didnt have a lot of snap on the ball," Gibbons said. "They hit him around pretty good so I got him out of there. Redmond pitched a nice ballgame, kept us in the game." The series loss ended a string of seven successive series in which the Blue Jays had not been defeated, something they had not done since June of 2000. The Blue Jays (38-26) last were undefeated in eight consecutive series in 1993. "Just a greeat win, great series against a team that couldnt be any hotter than they were when we rolled in here," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Whoelsale China Colts Jerseys. "(Garcia) had a real good feel for everything today and executed when he had to. Exactly what we needed for this last game." The Cardinals (33-31) scored four runs in their bat-around second. Jon Jay and Mark Ellis singled. Peter Bourjos hit a sacrifice fly and Tony Cruz hit an RBI double that was followed by Carpenters second homer of the season, a drive to centre on a 1-1 change-up. "I felt good, I just had a bad second inning and let a big inning happen," Hutchison said. "I did a bad job of controlling the situation. I fell behind some guys and hung some pitches and made mistakes and they got hit." Peralta led off the third with his 10th homer of the season, a blast to left on a 1-0 slider. Hutchison retired the next three batters to finish his outing at 70 pitches. Hutchison was pitching on his regular four days of rest. Though some of his better outings have come with an extra day or two between starts, his shutout at Texas on May 16 came on regular four days rest. "I havent broken it down," Gibbons said. "Some days he has that little extra snap and some days he doesnt. Hes coming off Tommy John (surgery) but hes healthy. Probably in a lot of ways hes still building up -- a year off is year off. "They swung the bats good today, they came after him. I dont know if he was so bad, they attacked him pretty good." Hutchison said he felt nothing out of the ordinary throughout his short outing. Though there has been some concern about a dip in his velocity, that didnt seem to be the problem Sunday as he hit 94 and 95 miles per hour in the first inning and hit 95 once in the third. "The ball felt like it was coming out fine," Hutchison said. "I just hung some pitches. I left a slider up there for the double and then hung a changeup. I just didnt execute those pitches." NOTES: Attendance was announced as 45,726, the fifth sellout of the season. a The Blue Jays have signed two players selected in the draft, catcher Matt Morgan, 18, a fourth-round pick and right-handed pitcher Justin Shafer, 21, an eighth-round pick. a Matt Holliday (tight back) was scratched from the Cardinals starting lineup and Yadier Molina replaced him as designated hitter. a Former Blue Jay Carlos Delgado threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the game on behalf of the Extra Bases Foundation. a The Blue Jays open a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins on Monday night at Rogers Centre. Right-hander R.A. Dickey (6-4, 4.25 earned-run average) will get the start for the Blue Jays against Twins right-hander Ricky Nolasco (4-5, 5.65 ERA). Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..