headerimg

The Toronto Blue Jays will try to capture a second straight game versus the rival New York Yankees with Mark Buehrle set to tak

in Balance Discussion Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:55 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays will try to capture a second straight game versus the rival New York Yankees with Mark Buehrle set to take the hill Tuesday in the middle portion of a three-game home series. Carlos Gonzalez Rockies Jersey . With a win tonight, Buehrle will match Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in the majors with 11. Buehrle is 10-4 with a 2.32 earned run average, but has lost his last three starts, including a 7-3 setback at Yankee Stadium last Wednesday. Buehrle allowed three runs -- two earned -- and six hits in six innings. He has served up a home run in each of his previous three starts and hasnt fared too well in his career against New York, going 1-11 with a 5.84 ERA in 17 starts. Buehrle is 5-2 in seven starts at home this season. The Blue Jays returned home to start a nine-game stay and kicked off the residency with Mondays 8-3 victory over the Yanks. Adam Lind hit a three-run homer during a six-run second inning and finished with four RBI, while Edwin Encarnacion collected three hits. Marcus Stroman pitched well to pick up the win and limited the Yankees to a run and three hits in eight innings with seven strikeouts and one walk. "Actually getting going was fine, its the slowing down," Stroman said. Toronto is 1 1/2 games ahead of Baltimore and 2 1/2 in front on New York for the AL East lead and will also host the Chicago White Sox and Milwaukee Brewers on this homestand. The Jays, who won for the second time in the last seven tries, are 21-17 as the host. The Yankees have lost three in a row since winning four straight and didnt get much help from Chase Whitley on the mound last night. Whitley was tagged for eight runs and 11 hits in 3 1/3 innings. "I couldnt command the ball at all," Whitley said. "I couldnt execute the pitches I wanted to throw." Mark Teixeira homered for the Yankees. Taking the mound for New York Tuesday will be David Phelps. Phelps is 3-4 with a 3.86 ERA and has won back-to-back outings after losing the previous four. In a 6-4 triumph over the Blue Jays last Thursday, Phelps delivered seven innings of two-run ball, struck out seven and walked two. Phelps, a right-hander, is 3-0 with a 3.96 ERA in nine career games (4 starts) against Toronto. The Yankees are 5-2 against the Blue Jays this season. Jason Motte Rockies Jersey . In the Brewers six games this season, no starter has allowed more than three runs. "We see the guy in front of us do a great job and we want to do even better," Gallardo said after the Brewers beat the Red Sox 4-0 on Sunday, his second straight scoreless start. Trevor Story Jersey . Left-handed reliever Boone Logan agreed to a $16.5 million, three-year contract on Friday, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. http://www.baseballrockiesproshop.com/dj-lemahieu-rockies-jersey/ . Theres little time for rest, too. The Flyers and Rangers play again Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden. Simmonds scored in the first period and twice more in the second for his first career post-season hat trick. Mason survived a busy first period and stopping 31 straight shots until Carl Hagelin scored late in the third.TAMPA, Fla. -- Outfielder Brett Gardner and the New York Yankees have agreed to a contract that adds $52 million in guaranteed money from 2015-18. The deal announced Sunday includes a team option for for 2019 that if exercised would make the new money $62.5 million over five seasons. "It shows the level of confidence, belief and trust, and the type of player and person he is," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "Were excited to know that hes going to be a part of this team going forward. Were a better team with Gardy on it, thats the bottom line. This is a good day for him, and we believe it makes the future for us better." Gardner agreed last month to a $5.6 million, one-year contract and would have been eligible for free agency after the 2014 season. The new deal adds a $2 million signing bonus payable next January and salaries of $12 million in 2015, $13 million in 2016, $12 million in 2017 and $11 million in 2018. The Yankees have a $12.5 million option for 2019 with a $2 million buyout. Gardner would receive an additional $1 million payment if hes traded, a provision he can earn only once. "Free agency is something that, it kind of intrigued me, but it also kind of scared me," Gardner said. "Ive never been anywhere else. I love it here. I love putting on the pinstripes everyday." Cashman said talks about the contract started at the winter meetings in December. The Yankees are moving Gardner to left field this year after signing free agent centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury to a $153 million, seven-year contract in December. Gardner did have questions in his mind about his Yankees future after the Ellsbury acquisition. "When they signed Jaacoby, your name gets thrown out in the trade rumours and all that," Gardner said. Jake McGee Jersey. "Its kind of annoying, really. I didnt want to get traded. I dont want to go anywhere else, and I let them know that." The 30-year-old Gardner hit .273 last year with eight home runs, 52 RBIs and 24 stolen bases. "I like what he brings," Cashman said. "The speed dynamic, the defence, and I think the offence is there as well." Also, the Yankees agreed to a minor league contract with injured closer Andrew Bailey, who was with Boston last year and is coming back from right shoulder surgery last July. Cashman said the right-hander might be able to join the team in August or September. "When he is healthy, hes an exceptional reliever," Cashman said. "Hes coming off of a shoulder surgery, so were taking a flier. A low risk. If we can get a reward out of it, great. If not, its one of those nothing ventured, nothing gained." NOTES: Yankees manager Joe Girardi attended a meeting with MLB officials Joe Torre and Tony La Russa Saturday on topics including instant replay. Girardi said the Yankees first instant replay test game will be March 6 against Philadelphia in Clearwater. "It opens up us to more to have to answer for, but I think it gives our game the opportunity to have more things decided on the field, which I think is a good thing," Girardi said. The Yankees plan to work on replay situations throughout spring training even if its not a test game. "Well probably practice with walkie talkies," Girardi said. ... New York OF Alfonso Soriano missed his fourth day due to the flu, but could do a light workout Monday. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..