headerimg

A junior hockey team owner on Vancouver Island whos been ordered to stay away from the owners of a rival team says he regrets t

in Balance Discussion Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

COURTENAY, B. Authentic Russell Gage Jersey .C. - A junior hockey team owner on Vancouver Island whos been ordered to stay away from the owners of a rival team says he regrets the heated arguments that set off the dispute, but he feels hes been unfairly portrayed by the courts and the media.Kevin Spooner, who owns the Campbell River Storm, was handed a peace bond directing him to keep away from Dave and Marsha Webb, who own the Comox Valley Glacier Kings. The teams are part of the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League.A provincial court ruling in the case cites several arguments between Spooner, the Webbs and at least one other official with the Glacier Kings. Spooner, 43, admits he was upset the Webbs didnt offer to compensate him after a player left his team and eventually ended up playing for the Glacier Kings.In one argument, the court found, Spooner dealt David Webb a trifling blow to the head, though Spooner denies it and says any contact was accidental. In another, the judge concluded Spooner pushed the Glacier Kings head coach against a wall, which Spooner also denies.Spooner acknowledges there were arguments, but he insisted hes not the violent, aggressive man painted by the court judgment.I regret it 100 per cent — I should have let it go, not even talked to them, Spooner said in an interview.Im not that kind of person. ... It feels unjust, but I accept it.In the end, the judge didnt accept Spooners side of things, instead ordering him not to contact the Webbs or to come within 10 metres of them.Provincial court Judge Ted Gouge said it appears inevitable Spooner would react in a similar fashion if he came into contact with the Webbs, though the judge also concluded Spooner doesnt pose any physical danger to the couple.He is clearly of the opinion that, when hockey issues are at stake, physical intimidation is an appropriate communication strategy, wrote Gouge.Encouraged by the traditions of the sport, he believes that aggressive confrontations, in which his size and bad temper are intimidating, are an appropriate way of resolving disputes.Spooner bristled at the judges description.I totally object to that, but I cant do anything about the judge, said Spooner.Spooner also complained media outlets that initially wrote about the case didnt contact him to hear his side of the story.Spooner wasnt charged and the peace bond doesnt carrying with it any findings of guilt or criminal wrongdoing.The Webbs did not respond to emails seeking comment.— By James Keller in Vancouver— Follow @ByJamesKeller on Twitter Authentic Isaiah Oliver Jersey . Last July, F1 teams held in-season testing sessions at Silverstone to assess new tires provided by Pirelli after several blowouts on the same circuit at the British Grand Prix in June prompted a furious response from drivers and even a boycott threat the following week. Authentic Foyesade Oluokun Jersey . The bout served as the headlining matchup of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva" event, which took place at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati. It was Silva who looked well on his way to victory in the early going, delivering a pair of crushing kicks to the body that sent Brown crashing to the floor, doubled over in pain. http://www.cheapfalconsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-deadrin-senat-jersey . - Skiing far more aggressively than in her season debut a day earlier, Lindsey Vonn was in provisional 10th place after the first 45 skiers in a World Cup downhill on Saturday.WINNIPEG -- Ales Hemsky admitted he was feeling down after being traded to Ottawa from Edmonton last Wednesday. But his mood picked up after he had three assists in the struggling Senators 5-3 win over the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday afternoon. "Its weird," said Hemsky, whos in his 11th NHL season. "You spend your whole career in one place and then you kind of realize youve come to the end. Its sad because I had a lot of great people there, even the locker-room was great and everybody treated me really well. "I was sad, but in the end I was excited to come here and play those type of games and battle for the playoffs." It was Hemskys second game and first points with Ottawa since he was traded and slotted on to the Senators top line. Milan Michalek scored the games first goal on the power play with an assist from Hemsky and centre Jason Spezza, who had three assists. "Hes an extremely offensively talented player," Spezza said of Hemsky. "I seem like I can read off him fairly easily. Ive watched him play a lot. Hes really good with the puck, hes got that short stick, protects it really well and is a good passer." Defencemen Jared Cowen and Eric Gryba and centres Kyle Turris and Mike Hoffman also scored for Ottawa (28-25-11), which had lost two straight and four of its past five games heading into the match. Craig Anderson stopped 46 shots for the Senators. Spezza said the players arent satisfied splitting their four-game road trip with a win over Vancouver, losses to Edmonton and Calgary and then the victory in Winnipeg. "Its nice to get the win tonight and get two points and get moving in the right direction again, but no, were not happy with .500 out of this trip," Spezza said. "Were fighting for the playoffs. We needed more points than that." Ottawa was six points out of a playoff berth in the Eastern Conference before the game. Turriss goal was his 21st of season, while it was Hoffmans first career goal and assist. Michalek picked up two assists

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..