headerimg

chance of progressing to t

in Castle Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:52 am
by zxlbxj1 • Farseer | 487 Posts | 4870 Points

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis backup goalie Brian Elliott may not enjoy his limited role. He sure knows how to make the most of it. Elliott made 34 saves in only his fifth start of the season and the Blues got goals from six players in their third straight win, a 6-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. St. Louis (16-3-3) has won five of six and is off to the fastest start in franchise history. Dallas had its six-game road winning streak snapped. St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock recorded his 621st win, moving him into sole possession of eighth place in career wins. Vladimir Sobotka, Vladimir Tarasenko, David Backes, Derek Roy, Chris Stewart and T.J. Oshie scored for the Blues, who have won six of their last seven against the Stars. Elliott, the backup to Jaroslav Halak, stopped the final 27 shots in improving 4-0-1. He has a 1.79 goals-against average and a .932 save percentage. "You always want to be in there and fight for the guys and be part of it," Elliott said. "(Halak) is playing well and I want to play well so we can move this train forward." Elliott made numerous key saves, especially in the first period when the game was close. He robbed Valeri Nichushkin from close range and also stopped Antoine Roussel on a breakaway in the second period. "He was absolutely tremendous," St. Louis defenceman Alex Pietrangelo said. Dallas coach Lindy Ruff agreed, "He made the saves that kept them in the game." Brenden Dillon scored for Dallas, which fell to 8-6 on the road. Elliott says the key to his success as a backup comes from his mental preparation. "You just trust in your game and everything else will take care of itself," he said. "When you dont get a lot of opportunities, its hard to get in that peak performance state. I think it just comes with experience and a lot of patience." Tarasenko put the Blues ahead to stay with his eighth goal of the season at 11:02 of the first period, just 9 seconds after the Stars had tied it 1-all. Backes pushed the lead to 3-1 by converting on a two-on-one. Backes, using Jaden Schwartz as a screen, held the puck before beating goalie Kari Lehtonen, who was pulled in the third period after allowing five goals on 18 shots. The Blues balanced four-line attack did a good job taking advantage of limited opportunities. St. Louis had 25 shots on goal. "Through the whole lineup everybody was solid," Oshie said. "When we can go at them in waves, I think thats when were at our best." The Stars were coming off a season-high 43 shots in a 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers. They managed to create numerous opportunities on Saturday, but could not solve Elliott. "It might be the most misleading 6-1 game Ive ever been in," Ruff said. "For the most part, we outskated them and in a lot of areas we outworked them." Lehtonen took full blame for the loss, "I had a bad night," he said. "I feel bad for the guys. They tried hard." Sobotka scored 1:39 into the game for his 100th career point. St. Louis RW Ryan Reaves broke his right hand in a first-period fight with Dillon and will be out up to four weeks. NOTES: This was first of five meetings between the new Central Division rivals. ... Dallas LW Ray Whitney missed his fifth successive game with a groin injury. ... Stars C Cody Eakin played in his 100th game. ... St. Louis is 11-2-1 in its last 14 contests. ... Blues LW Brenden Morrow, who spent 13 seasons with Dallas, picked up an assist on Stewarts goal and now has a point against every NHL team. Martinas Rankin Texans Jersey . The game was the first of two international friendlies that Canada is playing during the international break, with the second game against Slovenia set for Tuesday in Celje. Canada looked uncomfortable defensively throughout the game, and every free kick that came into Canadas penalty box looked like ending up in the back of the net. Houston Texans Jerseys . Algeria led 3-0 at halftime, but withstood a stronger South Korean second half performance to claim its first World Cup win since 1982 and move into second place in Group H with one match left to play. Defeat for South Korea means it must now beat already-qualified Belgium to stand a chance of progressing to the knockout stages. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Jordan-Akins-Jersey/. At 11:06 of the first period, Neal struck Marchand with his knee when Marchand was down on the ice. Marchand remained in the game. Neal was assessed a kneeing penalty for his hit on Marchand. Martinas Rankin Jersey . But San Diego had even more trouble against right-hander Tanner Roark, who pitched a three-hitter for the first complete game of his career as the Nationals shut out the Padres 4-0. The 27-year-old set down the first 16 batters before San Diego catcher Rene Rivera, an . Tyrann Mathieu Texans Jersey . Jovanovski, the 2012 champ seeded fifth, will meet surprise Japanese qualifier Misa Eguchi on Friday. Eguchi, ranked 183rd, qualified for her first WTA main draw this week, then beat No.ST. LOUIS -- Getting drafted second overall has got to be a heady feeling. Greg Robinson checked any ego at the door, learning quickly how to fit in with the St. Louis Rams. The Rams plan on Robinson beginning his career at guard instead of tackle, where he starred at Auburn. The 6-foot-5, 332-pound Robinson has been a willing convert at a position he last played in high school in Thibodaux, Louisiana. "Everything happens faster," Robinson said. "I can get my hands on them faster, so its something that I think I can grow into. Sooner or later, its going to come." Running back Tre Mason ran behind Robinson on Auburns national championship runner-up team last year and has loads of confidence in his fellow rookie. The Tigers totalled 64 rushing touchdowns the last two seasons and the Rams anticipate Mason will be a change-of-pace option behind Zac Stacey. "When hes lead blocking for me, we love it," Mason said. "I know he can play anywhere on that O-line. Really, you could line him up at quarterback." Robinson could eventually move outside, given left tackle Jake Long is in the final year of his contract. Long is rehabbing from knee surgery and said Tuesday he expects to be ready for the opener. Robinson can draw on the experience of teammate Rodger Saffold, also a left tackle in college and at the start of his NFL career, too. "Yeah, he told me it was hard for him at the beginning, but something he got accustomed to," Robinson said. "Its something Im really going to have to work on and really learn in and out. Im sure theyre not goingg to play anybody thats not ready.dddddddddddd" Saffold started at three spots last year and will be the right guard, joking "at least I know where Ill be." The Rams re-signed him to a free-agent deal after he failed a physical in Oakland related to a shoulder injury, and hes comfortable playing guard for the foreseeable future. "Yeah, cant fight it," Saffold said. "Just got to roll with the punches. The goal is the same, its just one slot inside." Besides the physical factor, Robinson is adjusting to a much deeper playbook with even more wrinkles inside than at tackle. Robinson said Auburn perfected a "select few" plays. "Its a lot for him, but the good thing is hes listening to everybody," Saffold said. "We expect a lot out of him and hes coming along." Long, the first overall pick in 2008 by the Dolphins, has been doing a lot of individual work this week plus "stuff inside that you dont see," coach Jeff Fisher said. The Rams anticipate hell be a full participant by the middle of training camp. "Every week we try to introduce something more," Long said. "Im really excited and happy with how Im progressing." The 29-year-old Long said hes been rehabbing five or six hours a day for several weeks with the exception of a 10-day trip with his wife to Paris and Barcelona. "I wanted to do it and didnt want to do it at the same time," Long said. "The trainers told me I had to get out of the room for a few days. They were long days and they still are, but Im glad to do it." Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..